Sunday, February 15, 2009

Enjoying the Food Habit But Staying Skinny

One way of enjoying my life is to eat all that I want and craved for. One of it is to eat cakes and chocolates and yet still I'm skinny. Anyway, I've always looked and searched for the right foods to eat which will benefits me much.

My friend gave me a banana cake filled with butter and cream. Yummy food isn't it??? She informed me she used many bananas that helped keep it moist and rich. She replaced the butter with a small amount of oil. She used a whole wheat pastry flour in place of the white flour. Higher in minerals than white flour and contains of fiber rich bran and germ as regular wheat flour. She reduced the amount of whipped cream, the 2nd highest contributor of saturated fats by mixing it to make it thick, stable base of non fat milk, sugar and gelatin and fold them in half as whipped cream.

Thanks to my friend for engaging herself to some food experiments and shares what she learned in making homey sweet cakes... Go friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment